weekly schedule of Classes
(See here for more detailed descriptions of each class)
Memorial Day Weekend May 25th-27th- No Classes
- 7:00-8:00pm Intermediate Level Upper Body Stylization and Footwork This class is a technique class for all levels focusing on core and arm strength, balance, turns and coordination. The footwork section of the class will cover technique for strength, speed and complex rhythms.
- 8:00-9:00pm Intermediate/Advanced Choreography These intermediate/advanced choreography classes are open to students as well as professional dancers and will incorporate technique and traditional movement into longer choreographies that continue from week to week.
- 7:30-8:30pm Beginner I Flamenco This beginner course is a continuation of the Intro to Flamenco session. We will develop the basics of flamenco hands and arms, footwork and palmas. And build on choreography.
- 7:00-8:00pm Beginning II Flamenco Beginner students will learn posture, upper body arm and hand technique and footwork technique. Some flamenco/dance experience recommended
- 8:00-9:00 Bata de Cola Some flamenco/dance experience recommended.This class will focus partly on proper technique and understanding of the principles behind the technique, as well as on choreography, which we will use as a vehicle to further our understanding of the bata de cola. A Bata de Cola is necessary for this class.
- 10:30-11:30am Beginner I Flamenco This beginner course is a continuation of the Intro to Flamenco session. We will develop the basics of flamenco hands and arms, footwork and palmas. And build on choreography.
- 4:00-5:00pm Youth Flamenco This class is designed for kids ages 7-12 and will cover all the fundamentals of flamenco technique including footwork and upper body work, as well as understanding the various rhythmic forms. New students are welcome, as are those who have continued on from the classes for younger kids.
- 9:30-10:00am Flamenquitos Ages 3-4 This is the class for our youngest age group and focuses on Flamenco movements and music, and most of all, making sure everyone enjoys the process.
- 10:05-10:50am Flamenquitos Ages 5-6 This class is an extension of the one for the younger students and will delve deeper into understanding the flamenco rhythms and techniques.
- 11:00am-12:00pm Intro to Flamenco- No experience necessary! This introductory course will give the basics of flamenco hands and arms, footwork and palmas.
- NO CLASSES